Thursday, November 25, 2010

So, what're you thankful for?

I really hate to be "that" guy. You know, the one that makes an obligatory post on thanksgiving about what you're thankful for. I just got to thinking today - I'm pretty freakin' blessed. Woke up at a reasonable time (7:00am. I forgot 7:00am even existed) and proceeded to call Jake. That guy, he truly is a wonderful chap. I may just start calling him Broseidon, King of the Brocean. Clever, right? Anyway, I call him and I find out we're gonna grab coffee and eat cinna-buns. Great start to the day! I look outside and the sun is already shining brightly, though it's still 8 degrees outside. Oh, Utah! I don't bother to shower because, well, I'm sorta lazy. Slap on a couple of hoodies, a beanie, an old pair of jeans, and my Vans. I'm out the door. I drive to Jack's house (She's a good friend of ours. My kindred spirit!) and eat some cinna-buns, then drive to some random elementary school to play football in the snow. It was freezing balls. I just watched. Saw the cute hostess from Outback there. Still don't know her name. Still haven't asked. haha. After some time, we leave and I head back home to make cookies for Cassie. She was nice enough to invite me over to her uncle's house for Thanksgiving, seeing as I couldn't drive back home to spend it with my family. That's when it hit me. I was thankful for having such good friends. Jake, for always being there for me, even though he's a mollusk and lacks self motivation at times. Love you man! Cassie, for letting me spend an otherwise lonely day at home with her and her awesome family. My parents, for being so kick-ass and wanting to see me today, even though they couldn't. My life has been pretty crazy this past year. From moving back to Vegas, to living in Utah; I'm thankful that no matter where I go I'll always have my friends and family. If you can get anything out this readers, it's this: Be thankful for anything that makes you happy or gives you hope. When it boils down to it, that's what today's really about. Well, the turkey never hurt either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment