Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where's a Muse when you need one...

I didn't think it could happen. Fabian...stricken with WRITER'S BLOCK! I usually always have something that I'd like to express via writing (or typing in this case) but my mind is blank. Am I running out of creative juices? Am I losing my creativity / originality? It makes me want to go do something stupid just so I can write about it. So, it's about two hours before I'm supposed to head to work...and there's a damn blizzard warning for the greater Salt Lake area. Yeah, BLIZZARD. Not the frozen delicious treat from Dairy Queen either. Establishments are closing left and right to "brace for impact", so to speak, and Brick Oven just spits in everyone's faces in a "Fuck that, we're staying open no matter what" sort of manner. I'm dreading driving to work today, but not as much as I'm dreading the potential drive back home afterward. Wow, I've already typed a good ten sentences. Typed diarrhea for the win! Anyway, I was sitting in bed texting a very good friend of mine, when it dawned on me: I'll ask her for a topic to write about! That will for sure get rid of my writer's block, right?! She then bluntly responds: "Write about me!" So I figure I'll give it a shot. Let me take you on a little journey to when I first met Miss Cassandra Knuth!

Mid September. Alex and I are rushing to Brick Oven to attend our midday server training. As usual, Alex took his sweet ass time so we were running a couple of minutes late. We arrived at 12 on the dot. Good thing I'm a fucking awesome driver. We sat down and proceeded to talk about the amount of clowns that were hired, in our usual fashion. Looking around the room, I see the bevy of familiar, yet at the same time, unfamiliar faces. Sure, I'd been seeing these people for about two weeks, but only for two hours a day. It's not like we talked to any of them about non work related things. For fuck's sake, I hardly even knew anyone's name! So, I was doing my usual scope of the room when out of nowhere I see these two girls I'd never seen before. Pretty good looking, but that wasn't what caught my eye. It was the fact that one of them was wearing a Justin Beiber t-shirt. Justin. Fucking. Beiber. Really? So, I figured I'd use this as a way to break the ice. Alex and I sit next to these two girls, who are still nameless to me, and I proceed to make small talk about how much of a clown Justin Beiber is. They laugh. I'm silently relieved. I learn their names: Liz and Cassie. Liz is kind of quiet. Cassie, however, is not. She's loud, kind of obnoxious, and border-line conceited, but for some reason it wasn't off-putting at all. Quite the contrary, I felt myself wanting to get to know her better. The way I figured it, there had to be more to this girl then being a loud brat! Boy was I right. As time passed and I got to talk to her more, the more I felt myself being drawn to her. We talked a lot at work, which was a very welcome distraction from the large amount of failure that happens on a daily basis at the BO. We talked about her boy troubles. She seems to fall for assholes who end up screwing her over. I know that subject all too well, I used to be one of those kind of guys. I give her advice. I'm completely and brutally honest with her. She seems to appreciate it. We talk more. She seems less obnoxious and less bratty with each conversation we hold. I can't help but genuinely like this girl. I invite her over for steak and mashed potatoes. Yes, she's a steak and mashed potatoes kind of girl. I make dinner. We talk for hours. About anything and everything. Continued boy troubles. Life. Family. I'm looking at her from across my dining room table and I'm just looking into her eyes, which are gorgeous. I'm purposefully trying to find flaws in this girl. Aside from being a tad bit immature, IMPATIENT, and kind of stubborn, I can't find any. I like everything about her. I like spending time with her. She's one of the most down to Earth people I've met in a very long time. She's not fake, and I love that about her because most girls her age are. It's crazy to me that we've become super good friends in such a short amount of time. I never thought that the girl who's friend had a Justin Beiber t-shirt would mean so much to me. As for now? Present tense? We've had our first little tussle, I'll admit, I was being a little bitch. No need to get into details, but we worked things out and now we're good friends again. So, since I know you're probably reading this Cassie, I want you to know that you're one of the sweetest, most caring people I have ever met. I can look past your tough-girl act and see who you really are. You're a good friend, I hope you never forget it. Did I also mention that I dig your hair? Oh, and your sense of humor? Can't forget about those cute ears! I kinda like your laugh too. hahahaha. Writer's block = gone. Thanks, Cass. :)

1 comment:

  1. Can you pretty please write about me next??? It would make my month!!

    ReplyDelete