Thursday, April 22, 2010

You always remember your first...

So I've finally mustered up enough cajones to finally start a blog lol. Where to start? Well, my life's been pretty crazy these last couple of months, to put it lightly. I broke up with my long time girlfriend. We'd been dating for a little over a year. Long story very short, things just weren't really working out for me. I decided it'd be best if we just went our separate ways. I tried to be civilized and hell, even tried to be friends but she wasn't having any of that. So what do you do in that situation, you know? I took all the experiences good and bad, learned from them, and moved the fuck on. I still think about her from time to time, wondering how she's doing or if she ever fixed any of the problems she was having. Thats about it though. I mean, it's kind of hard not to when you ate, slept, and breathed this other person. For fuck's sake, I moved up to Reno just to be with her lol. Speaking of which, this town is pretty legit. I love the scenery. I love that there are actually seasons here, as opposed to the Mildly Hot, Hot, Super Fucking Hot, and Warm seasons that make up Southern Nevada. I've met some amazing people up here. It's funny that it took me breaking up with Tracy to actually be able to meet people and make connections. My roommates are amazing. I didn't even really get to "meet" them until the post break up. In the first month that I lived in Reno, I was at my pad maybe 3 times. Kinda hard to get to know people that way haha. So I move here to be with the girl (which I recommend NOT doing), and I find a job at good old Chili's Bar & Grill. Let me tell you folks, I wouldn't recommend doing that either. That place is a fistful of asshole. The people I worked with were genuinely the coolest people I've met. Fuck, I'm still friends with most of them. It's the management that sucked a fat cock. Making THIS story short as well, things didn't really pan out there and I got "laid off". Really? Laid off? After I busted my ass doing everything BUT serve (which was promised to me upon my hiring, that I'd be made a server asap), I was pretty much just strung along like the dollar bill on a fishing pole trick. Whatever. So now I've been unemployed for the past month and a half and collecting that sweet sweet unemployment money. I refer to it as "Yeah, I work for the State of Nevada" so it doesn't sound like I'm mooching off of the government, which I am. Don't get me wrong, I fucking HATE not working. I've applied to every job posting you could imagine, but this economy sucks more than a promiscuous vacuum. So, I've been forced to move back to my city. Back to Las Vegas. The chapter in my life titled "Reno" is drawing to a close. I really can't wait to see what Vegas has to offer me on my second go around. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment