Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunshine sunshine, is fine!

It's crazy to think that just nine hours ago I was holding onto the ground to prevent myself from falling off of the planet, or that I was gagging myself in front of my toilet to rid my body of the excessive amount of alcohol and Jack in the Box, and now I'm having the best day of all time. The weather's a solid 75 degrees with a slight breeze, yeah, it's fucking gorgeous outside. I woke up this morning to the sound of Nick opening my door and telling me to wake up. I felt bad. No, scratch that, I felt like ass. I felt like I got hit by a truck...that was full of smaller trucks, which had dynamite in them. Yeah, that just happened. So I do the drunk crawl out of bed, and mind you, at this point I'm still hammered. We make our way into Brady's room and started trying to fit the pieces together of our collective recollections of the prior evening's events. As time goes by (like 15 minutes lol) I start to realize that I'm still pretty damn drunk, I feel like throwing up, and the room is starting to spin. Great way to start the day right?! We then proceed to be drivin to our cars by my roommate Shalese, because yeah, we didn't drive. Responsible adult much? Check. It dawns on me that we should get Keva Juice to help with the recovery process. It also dawned on me that the day was simply fucking fantastic. It's like that song Sunshine by Atmosphere. His day starts off shitty because he's hungover, but as the day goes by he realizes what a great day it is. We get Keva Juice right? Strawberry something-or-other. Fucking revelation. Now I start to feel slightly less like throwing up all over Nick and Brady. Brady goes to work, so I'm hanging out with Nick and all I really want to do is go home and view the inside of my eyelids for the next eight to nine hours. I decide against it because the day is just so damn nice. We go to Raley's and buy sandwich materials. Yeah, real men eat sandwiches outside on a porch shirtless. I'm sitting out here and it's like I never even drank. Somehow the sunshine, raspberry lemonade, and sandwiches just UFC fought my hangover and whooped the shit out of it. Sitting here on this porch, just watching the cars drive by, enjoying the fact that I'm alive. Nothing greater if you ask me. Isn't it funny how things work out? For all I know, if I wouldn't have drank, I wouldn't be enjoying this amazing day with a good friend. Such is life I suppose. It's time to drink some more lemonade and ejoy the day while this sparatic Reno weather stays nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment